At Magic Bus, we are supporting some of the most marginalized children and youth in India to lift themselves out of poverty. We are looking for talented and driven individuals to help us deliver a long-term, sustainable and bold strategy aiming to reach a million children across India. If you want to be part of Asia's largest mentoring organisation and work towards making a significant difference to people living in poverty, then please look through our vacancies below.
If you think you might be suitable or know someone who is, please contact [email protected]. (Please add the Position Title in the Subject line of your email).
Regional Director - West
Location: Vikhroli (Mumbai)
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires a person to be responsible for achieving high impact at scale, to hundreds of thousands of children living in poverty. The person will be responsible for ensuring that 50% of his participants are girls and that 100% remain in school, unmarried until 12th standard. The person will also be responsible for 70% of the children getting jobs at the end of their programme.
- Leading and inspiring hundreds of employees and thousands of volunteer mentors who will deliver your programme every week.
- Focused on high-quality programmes reaching every child each week and be obsessive about impact.
- P&L of the designated region. Besides, s/he will also be responsible for contributing to the organizational strategy.
- As a member of the Senior Executive Team, you will make a leading contribution to the overall strategy and organizational development of Magic Bus, to strengthen coordination and collaboration within and across teams, institutionalize the Magic Bus culture and strategies planned.
- Raise funds for sustaining and expanding the regional outreach.
- Develop an eco-system that can collaborate and create deeper and wider impact in the region. The collaboration can span across identifying partners who can execute Magic Bus programs on behalf of Magic Bus, providing their competence to Magic Bus for taking it to the last
- mile by Magic Bus, creating a larger purpose and advocating together to mold the policies by Govt./influential agencies etc.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the ambitious portfolio of high quality, well-managed and impactful programmes in the region that brings about positive changes in the lives of children.
- Institutionalize strong systems and processes to operationalize the region including program execution and automating the processes wherever appropriate for efficiency and effectiveness. This could include rolling out of newer initiatives or pilot projects.
- Build strong next level of leaders who can manage and execute their responsibilities independently and uphold Magic Bus culture.
- Plans for the adequate fund, people, infrastructure and administrative support for the operations across locations in the Region. Is able to manage the finance, operation, and people effectively.
- Post graduate or Ph.D. in Social work/Management/Economics or other disciplines.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience.
Director - Result Delivery Office
Department: CEO Office
No. of Position: 1
This role requires the person to be responsible for enabling Magic Bus to operate as a well-oiled machinery for achieving high impact at scale, to hundreds of thousands of children living in poverty. You will be leading the CEO’s office in monitoring, progressing and achieving the desired results of regular operations and specific initiatives launched from time to time to address the organizational needs/market dynamics.
- Contributing to the overall strategy and organizational development of Magic Bus.
- The inter-personal relationship, influencing and inspiring leadership team to achieve the desired results on behalf of CEO by building a collaborative culture, which cuts across the hierarchy, locations, and functions.
- Drafting and communicating internal key messages on behalf of CEO office.
- Coordinating with all Regional and Functional directors to develop and implement their respective dashboards for monitoring progress.
- Analyzing and drawing insights from the dashboards for dialoguing and taking organizational level decisions through Regional/Functional Directors and CEO.
- Driving and integrating the organizational processes to ensure smooth functioning of various operating units in collaboration with central functions.
- You will identify ‘Best Practices’ from other NGOs/For Profit organizations to enable the above.
- In addition, you will be responsible for facilitating, progressing and achieving desired results on organizational level initiatives, launched from time to time.
- MBA or Postgraduate in Economics or other disciplines
- A minimum of 15 years of experience
Head - Curriculum
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to lead the design and content unit within the programme development department and contribute towards establishing organisation’s intellectual property as the global thought leader for sport for development.
- Design and conceptualize curricula for Magic Bus target groups including children, youth, and communities across developmental domain areas.
- Curriculum development and customization for all product offerings for external partners under Sport for Development.
- Development of programmes and curricula for varied pilot projects and prototyping.
- Focused collaboration with other units within the programme development vertical
- Ensure that high-quality training content is developed for Magic Bus.
- Look out for external consulting opportunities in terms of development and marketing of program design and content for other organizations.
- Masters degree in Social Work / any other Social Sciences / Management
- The incumbent should have additional qualifications supportive for the role and its requisite responsibilities
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the social sector out of which 5 years must have been in a similar leadership role.
- Multi-domain experience and a proven track record of performance in a similar role and stability in the previous roles shall be an added advantage.
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to ensure effective Customer Relationship Management is in place and act as a single point of contact to funders.
- Manage project progress reporting of large funders and to keep donors updated with project developments.
- Interact with program team at different locations and have the control of real-time project information
- Act as a single point contact to funders in terms of providing relevant data and information
- To meet customer expectations, particularly in terms of Quality and Timeliness in line with organizational standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Collate different data points related to the program and update
- Responsible for handling project MIS and track progress and program quality
- Effective engagement with programs team, fundraising team and external stakeholders
- Develop the annual operating plan and the individual annual work plans of the different programs
- Coordinate with the Regional Program Head, Program Managers, and other team members to ensure that the efforts are mutually complementary and the concerned receive the necessary programmatic/technical assistance.
- Managing funder relationships by ensuring high quality and timely reporting of narrative and fund utilization reports
- Ensuring timely inflow of committed funds
- Organizing kick off meeting with project stakeholders (internal and external) and preparing Project Implementation Plan
- Organizing project reviews with funders at regular intervals, leading them and monitor progress.
- Ensuring all customized inputs reaches project programming by coordinating with various functions including Program Development, Communications, Research, Procurement, Legal, Finance & HR
- Effective coordination and flow of information between donors and implementing teams
- To ensure that the project deliverables are being achieved as per timelines
- To coordinate donor engagement activities
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to lead and oversee the regional implementation and operational delivery of the Magic Bus Livelihoods Programme that supports the youth of 17-25 years into jobs and further education.
- Provide senior leadership to livelihoods staff in the region ensuring high-quality delivery of need assessment, career counseling, skills training, mentoring, job and education placement and post placement support to youth.
- Performance manage the programme in the region, undertake the required monitoring and evaluation work and deliver performance reports to the Regional Livelihoods Head and funders.
- Develop partnerships with vocational training institutes and specialist Livelihood organizations that enable youth to achieve positive progressions into work or further education.
- Create strong strategic partnerships with regional employers and secure attractive job opportunities for youth by effectively selling the benefits of working with Magic Bus.
- Work with the Regional Livelihoods Head, Programme Managers, and Trainers to ensure Livelihoods staff have the tools, skills and knowledge to successfully deliver employability skills training, mentoring, needs assessment, placements and support for youth.
- Manage the delivery of Magic Bus Livelihoods activities including our Livelihood Centres in the region.
- Communicate and implement national updates to the programme in the region.
- Identify and respond to issues, opportunities and risks in the region that influence the success of the programme.
- Undertake regional level research to identify youth needs, demand for the different job and education pathways and market developments around employment and training.
- Represent Magic Bus in interactions and negotiations regarding the Livelihoods Programme with funders, external audiences, partners and the public.
- Develop methods and partnerships to support youth to follow self-employment and entrepreneurial pathways.
- Build partnerships with colleges, education providers, Universities and Government training schemes to secure a good range of education options for youth requiring further study and training before starting their chosen career.
- Work directly with youth which requires induction, need assessment, training, and mentoring/support.
- Monitor and manage the regional programme budget.
- Ensure all Magic Bus and partner work with youth is safe, follows equality practices and adheres to our Child/Youth Protection processes and procedures.
- Degree level qualification in social care, management or related field.
- At least 3 years experience in delivering work to young people.
- Track record of supporting the youth of 17-25 years of age into work and/or education or achieving other successful outcomes.
- An experience of delivering training to youth.
- Team management including supervision and appraisal of frontline staff.
- Performance and quality management of children/youth programmes.
- An experience of funder relationships and managing reporting requirements.
- Strong understanding of youth’s employment, education and training needs and experience of target setting with youth.
- Programme monitoring and evaluation experience.
- An experience of working with employers to create work experience and/or job opportunities for youth (desirable).
- An experience of counseling or advising youth on possible education and career pathways that will enable them to reach their goals (desirable).
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to head a district and implement the Magic Bus programme with underprivileged children in communities and institutions (like schools etc.). The person will also be responsible for building and managing a team of Training cum Monitoring Officers, Youth Mentors and Community Youth Leaders( CYLs).
- Responsible for mapping the territory of the district and the communities, playgrounds, schools etc.
- Responsible for collaborating with the area team to establish guidelines and procedures.
- Liaison with local entities, communities, schools, government institutions/authorities.
- Identifying Training cum Monitoring Officers and other leaders throughout the region
- Making sure all team members comply with the company policies
- Providing them with their job descriptions and send other information and updates including curriculum
- Ensure efficient communication within the team
- Plan capacity building programs/training for the team members
- Organize their training schedules immediately after joining
- Preparing Annual Action Plan
- Follow-ups on schedule/updates and monitoring progress and performance of the team
- Overall managing and overseeing team and resources.
- Records/Report writing and data management
- Feedback and Reviews
- Handle budget related issues and reporting of expenses.
- Handle all accounts and finance related matters.
- Masters in Social Work, RD, any Social Sciences or equivalent.
- More than 5 years of experience in social/community development work.
- Experience in Programme Management and Partnership Building with strong leadership and relationship skills.
- Strong presentation, communication, planning, and organisational skills.
- Written and verbal proficiency in Hindi and English.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation experience.