At Magic Bus, we are supporting some of the most marginalized children and youth in India to lift themselves out of poverty. We are looking for talented and driven individuals to help us deliver a long-term, sustainable and bold strategy aiming to reach a million children across India. If you want to be part of Asia's largest mentoring organisation and work towards making a significant difference to people living in poverty, then please look through our vacancies below.
If you think you might be suitable or know someone who is, please contact [email protected]. (Please add the Position Title in the Subject line of your email).
Regional Director - West
Location: Vikhroli (Mumbai)
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires a person to be responsible for achieving high impact at scale, to hundreds of thousands of children living in poverty. The person will be responsible for ensuring that 50% of his participants are girls and that 100% remain in school, unmarried until 12th standard. The person will also be responsible for 70% of the children getting jobs at the end of their programme.
- Leading and inspiring hundreds of employees and thousands of volunteer mentors who will deliver your programme every week.
- Focused on high-quality programmes reaching every child each week and be obsessive about impact.
- P&L of the designated region. Besides, s/he will also be responsible for contributing to the organizational strategy.
- As a member of the Senior Executive Team, you will make a leading contribution to the overall strategy and organizational development of Magic Bus, to strengthen coordination and collaboration within and across teams, institutionalize the Magic Bus culture and strategies planned.
- Raise funds for sustaining and expanding the regional outreach.
- Develop an eco-system that can collaborate and create deeper and wider impact in the region. The collaboration can span across identifying partners who can execute Magic Bus programs on behalf of Magic Bus, providing their competence to Magic Bus for taking it to the last
- mile by Magic Bus, creating a larger purpose and advocating together to mold the policies by Govt./influential agencies etc.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the ambitious portfolio of high quality, well-managed and impactful programmes in the region that brings about positive changes in the lives of children.
- Institutionalize strong systems and processes to operationalize the region including program execution and automating the processes wherever appropriate for efficiency and effectiveness. This could include rolling out of newer initiatives or pilot projects.
- Build strong next level of leaders who can manage and execute their responsibilities independently and uphold Magic Bus culture.
- Plans for the adequate fund, people, infrastructure and administrative support for the operations across locations in the Region. Is able to manage the finance, operation, and people effectively.
- Post graduate or Ph.D. in Social work/Management/Economics or other disciplines.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience.
Director - Programme Development
No. of Positions: 1
The role requires the person to lead the Programme Development function to design and deliver the Magic Bus “Childhood to Livelihood Programme” to achieve its stated impacts.
- Engage with experts in education, employability, livelihood and life sciences to conceptualize the theory of change, the logic model, and the programme design.
- Build the framework for the programme design and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- Design pilots for the programme launch and create an evaluation design.
- Based on the inputs from the implementation team (pilot sites) fine tune the design and approve and release the final version of the programme.
- Setup a framework of communication between head office and regions for a continual support and evaluation.
- Monitor programme quality through schedule visits and be accountable for taking initiative/appropriate corrective steps.
- Mentor the team on trends, subject knowledge, and methodologies for programme development.
- Lead, represent and guide national and international advocacy events (Programme/Sports for Development).
- Build winning proposal for institutional, corporate and government funding.
- Represent Magic Bus’ philosophy/stories/programme in various national and international platforms.
- Guide and provide oversight to build win-win partnerships for achieving programme impacts.
- Manage and control all projects to meet the timelines and quality parameters.
- Attract, retain and develop talents for the function and be accountable for their performance.
- Champion of Magic Bus culture and consistent role model for organizational culture and values.
- 15 years of overall experience out of which 5 years must have been in a similar leadership role.
- Masters degree in Management/Social Work/any other Social Sciences/Physical Education/Sports.
- Doctorate in Education / Child psychology/or any of the Magic Bus domain areas is desirable.
- Experience in managing large teams
- Experience in dealing with external bodies, like Government, Academics, Corporate, Research Bodies etc.
No. of Positions: 1
This role requires the person to head a district and implement the Magic Bus programme with underprivileged children in communities and institutions (like schools etc.). The person will also be responsible for building and managing a team of Training cum Monitoring Officers, Youth Mentors and Community Youth Leaders( CYLs).
- Responsible for mapping the territory of the district and the communities, playgrounds, schools etc.
- Responsible for collaborating with the area team to establish guidelines and procedures.
- Liaison with local entities, communities, schools, government institutions/authorities.
- Identifying Training cum Monitoring Officers and other leaders throughout the region
- Making sure all team members comply with the company policies
- Providing them with their job descriptions and send other information and updates including curriculum
- Ensure efficient communication within the team
- Plan capacity building programs/training for the team members
- Organize their training schedules immediately after joining
- Preparing Annual Action Plan
- Follow-ups on schedule/updates and monitoring progress and performance of the team
- Overall managing and overseeing team and resources.
- Records/Report writing and data management
- Feedback and Reviews
- Handle budget related issues and reporting of expenses.
- Handle all accounts and finance related matters.
- Masters in Social Work, RD, any Social Sciences or equivalent.
- More than 5 years of experience in social/community development work.
- Experience in Programme Management and Partnership Building with strong leadership and relationship skills.
- Strong presentation, communication, planning, and organisational skills.
- Written and verbal proficiency in Hindi and English.
- Programme Monitoring and Evaluation experience.