Telugupeta in urban Nandyal of Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh, is home to a small population of 903 persons. Mostly belonging to the Muslim community, residents here speak Telugu. Most of them work as daily wagers.
There are 30 children on the Magic Bus programme at Telugupeta. Our intervention in this community began in the year 2014.
A few of the areas of behaviour change addressed by Magic Bus volunteers and mentors include:
• Importance of personal and environmental hygiene
• Equal treatment of boys and girls
• Importance of education
• Respect for elders
Magic Bus sessions in this community are divided into three parts:
• Warm up: The development goal is introduced using interactive activities
• Main activity: The development goal is reinforced using sports and activities
• Review: A discussion is facilitated to draw parallels to real-life situations and sum up the learning objectives.
Photographs from Magic Bus areas of operation are used for representation only.