Saibabanagar is a rural area in Nandyala cluster of Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh. The village is home to a population of 43,910 persons distributed across 9989 households. Telugu is the main spoken language.A majority of the population in the village falls below the poverty line. Most of the inhabitants are daily wagers or work as drivers. A small number is also involved in petty businesses like running makeshift roadside stalls to sell fruit, vegetables, etc.
There is no nearest primary health centre and the hospital is approximately 5km from Saibabanagar. The nearest college is nearly 2km away. There are three private and one government schools nearby.
Magic Bus has been working in the community since 2014. Currently, there are 60 children involved in our program, out of these 27 are girls and 33 are boys.
A few of the areas of behaviour change addressed by Magic Bus volunteers and mentors include:
● Importance of personal and environmental hygiene
● Equal treatment of boys and girls
● Importance of education
● Respect for elders
Sessions are held twice every week on Sundays from 8.00 to 9.30am and 3.30 to 5.00pm, and on Thursdays from 9.00 to 10.30am.
Magic Bus Sessions here are divided into three broad parts:
● Warm up: The development goal is introduced using interactive activities
● Main activity: The development goal is reinforced using sports and activities
● Review: A discussion is facilitated to draw parallels to real-life situations and sum up the learning objectives.
Photographs from Magic Bus areas of operation are used for representation only.