Chauhan Mohalla, Gali No 5, is located at Jasola in South Delhi and has a total population of 400 persons. Residents speak Hindi.Most of the houses here are cement-and-brick structures. Daily wage work is the primary source of livelihood. Health and hygiene are some of the primary concerns; lack of adequate drainage system and disposal of garbage results in widespread diseases like malaria and dengue.
Magic Bus began working in this community in 2011. Our thrust has been towards raising awareness in the community on hygienic practices. There are 50 children on our programme here.
A few of the areas of behaviour change addressed by Magic Bus volunteers and mentors include:
• Importance of personal and environmental hygiene
• Equal treatment of boys and girls
• Importance of education
• Respect for elders
Magic Bus Sessions here are divided into three broad parts:
• Warm up: The development goal is introduced using interactive activities
• Main activity: The development goal is reinforced using sports and activities
• Review: A discussion is facilitated to draw parallels to real-life situations and sum up the learning objectives.
Photographs from Magic Bus areas of operation are used for representation only.